Packed full of lime, mint and basil, this thirst quenching green sangria is the perfect drink for entertaining.
Serves 6 (makes 1 ltr)
- 3 limes, sliced
- 1/2 x 30g pack fresh mint, leaves picked, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 200g (7oz) cucumber, sliced
- ice cubes, to serve
- 500ml (17fl oz) Spanish white wine
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) sugar syrup
- 400ml (14fl oz) sparkling water
Put the limes and mint in a large jug and muddle, using a wooden spoon.
Add the basil and cucumber, stir to combine, then add the ice, wine and sugar syrup. Top up with the sparkling water. Serve in glasses, decorated with a few extra mint leaves.